Monday, July 23, 2007

Good-bye Veronica Belmont

I listened to Buzz Out Loud #521, the last one with Veronica Belmont and I must say at the end it was very sad. I actually really liked that episode, I felt all hosts were very funny and had great chemistry, even more than usual.

I also liked the various clips that they played, the first few appearances by Veronica (which I missed, since I only joined about a year ago). But the best clip was the one at the end, a sort of blooper reel featuring Veronica, only it contained actual clips from the podcast, which makes it even funnier.

As I said a very funny episode, but a very sad ending. Tom said it himself, he didn't know how to end it. I think he even choked at the end, did he? I know Veronica and Molly did, when I heard their last "bye". I must admit I was teary when I heard that.

Anyway, it is really the end of an era. I wasn't a huge fan of the podcast, I didn't read the forum, never wrote an email, never called the voice mail. But I listened everyday for the past year, so obviously I was attached to listening to Veronica. I also watched a few of her videos, and she really worked great in front of the camera. So I am glad that she will now be the host of a video show of her own. I will surely be tuning in for her new venture at Mahalo.

I will surely miss her on BOL, but I can't wait for her new show.

No comments: